Craft the perfect home decor and show off your skills with this diy blanket ladder project.
Getting Started on the Blanket Ladder
For those who haven’t tried a woodworking project before, I don’t want you to be intimidated. This ladder is an intro project with fantastic results. And if you don’t have a way to cut wood, do not fret.
Most hardware stores will cut this wood for this project, simply take the dimensions you need and ask with a smile. So flex those muscles, and let’s get started.
- – 2in x 2in x 8ft Furring Strip Boards (3 needed for 6ft ladder, 4 needed for 8ft ladder)
- Sand Paper
- Clamps or Helping Hands
- Safety Glasses
- Stain (optional)
If ordering supplies online please consider these affiliate links. I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
DIY Blanket Ladder Instructions
1. Cut boards to dimension. *These can often be cut by the hardware store and it’s worth asking.
– For 8 ft ladder: cut 5 rungs each 20 inches wide.
– For 6 ft ladder: cut 4 rungs each 18 inches wide. And cut 2 of the 8 ft boards down to 6 ft boards.
2. Place boards on a table or flat surface and space as shown in the picture. This is just a guide, you can also space the rungs however you wish.
3. If possible drill pilot holes where the rung will be attached to assist in inserting screws.
Another option is to create pocket holes on each rung.
4. Glue on the end of the rung and then screw into place. Repeat down one side of the long board and then the other side.
5. Sand any rough spots. Leave it as is or use paint and stain to match your style.
Build & TAG
I hope you have enjoyed making the DIY Blanket Ladder!
And here are some awesome blanket patterns to display on your new ladder:
If you have made this, please share it on social media. Above all I love to see the projects created with my patterns and also share your beautiful work.
Please use #brianakdesigns or @brianakdesigns
It is much appreciated and adored!