The Flamingo Baby Crochet Outfit is another unique inspiration as I’ve been seeing flamingo décor ever since we moved to Florida. I just love making it sweet and neutral for a newborn. This is a precious outfit for those portraits and fun pictures to capture a new little one.
Flamingo Baby Crochet Outfit Supplies:
- 5.5 mm (I) Hook
- 3.75 mm (F) Hook
- Yarn Needle
- Stitch marker
- Pink or Beige Ribbon approx. 55” (140 cm) in length and ½”- ¾” (1.27- 1.9 cm) wide
- Fiberfill or yarn scraps to fill flamingo stuffy
- Sewing needle and thread
- Buttercream Luxe Craft Mohair Brushed in colorway Light Pink and small amount of Dark Grey
• Approx. 220 Yards (202 meters)
If gauge is met, other yarns of the same weight can be substituted:
Phildar Phil Light colorway Grenadine
James C. Brett Baby Shimmer DK
Stylecraft Life DK
DY Choice DK with Wool
Skill Level: Easy
16 Ldc sts and 8 rows = 4” (10 cm)
Sizing and Measurements:
Newborn – 3 Month Size
Height: 5” (12.5 cm)
Depth: 5” (12.5 cm)
Width laid flat: 8” (20 cm)
Length: 7” (18 cm)
• This pattern is designed for 0-3 months. If creating this outfit for a newborn photo session, it is recommended to go down one hook size on clothing items if the baby will be under 2 weeks old.
• Beginning chain 2 does not count as a stitch unless indicated.
• View this video to see how to work the Ldc in the round and also how to join. https://youtu.be/PU1bkO_5-lY
• For decreasing single crochet (sc2tog), I highly recommend the invisible decrease for a clean finished look: https://brianakdesigns.com/invisiblesinglecrochetdecrease/
• Due to choking hazards, only use outfit when supervised by adults. Perfect for photography sessions.
CROCHET & TAG
I hope love the Flamingo Baby Crochet Outfit Pattern!
If you have made the Flamingo Baby Crochet Outfit, please share it on social media. More thank anything, I love to see the projects created with my patterns and give it a like.
Please use #brianakdesigns or @brianakdesigns
It is much appreciated and adored!