The Flamingo Baby Crochet Outfit is another unique inspiration as I’ve been seeing flamingo décor ever since we moved to Florida. I just love making it sweet and neutral for a newborn. This is a precious outfit for those portraits and fun pictures to capture a new little one.
Where To Purchase The Ad-Free Downloadable PDF:
Flamingo Baby Crochet Outfit Supplies:
- 5.5 mm (I) Hook
- 3.75 mm (F) Hook
- Yarn Needle
- Stitch marker
- Pink or Beige Ribbon approx. 55” (140 cm) in length and ½”- ¾” (1.27- 1.9 cm) wide
- Fiberfill or yarn scraps to fill flamingo stuffy
- Sewing needle and thread
- Buttercream Luxe Craft Mohair Brushed in colorway Light Pink and small amount of Dark Grey
• Approx. 220 Yards (202 meters)
If gauge is met, other yarns of the same weight can be substituted:
Phildar Phil Light colorway Grenadine
James C. Brett Baby Shimmer DK
Stylecraft Life DK
DY Choice DK with Wool
Skill Level: Easy
16 Ldc sts and 8 rows = 4” (10 cm)
Sizing and Measurements:
Newborn – 3 Month Size
Height: 5” (12.5 cm)
Depth: 5” (12.5 cm)
Width laid flat: 8” (20 cm)
Length: 7” (18 cm)
• This pattern is designed for 0-3 months. If creating this outfit for a newborn photo session, it is recommended to go down one hook size on clothing items if the baby will be under 2 weeks old.
• Beginning chain 2 does not count as a stitch unless indicated.
• View this video to see how to work the Ldc in the round and also how to join. https://youtu.be/PU1bkO_5-lY
• For decreasing single crochet (sc2tog), I highly recommend the invisible decrease for a clean finished look: https://brianakdesigns.com/invisiblesinglecrochetdecrease/
• Due to choking hazards, only use outfit when supervised by adults. Perfect for photography sessions.
CROCHET & TAG
I hope love the Flamingo Baby Crochet Outfit Pattern!
If you have made the Flamingo Baby Crochet Outfit, please share it on social media. More thank anything, I love to see the projects created with my patterns and give it a like.
Please use #brianakdesigns or @brianakdesigns
It is much appreciated and adored!
Share Your Project & Share Pictures!
I really hope you enjoyed working on this project. The best way to make a designer smile is to share what you’ve made! When it comes to free or premium content, I really rely on you to help me keep designing and supporting my family. Here is how you can make my day:
- Share your yarn choice, in-progress, or finished projects on Instagram and use the hashtag #brianakdesigns
- Link and share your project on Ravelry. It really helps to have inspirational photos for others.
- Join the Briana K Designs Community Group on Facebook and share anything crafty.
Don’t Lose This Project! If you aren’t ready to start it save it on Pinterest by clicking any of the images above.