The Modern Honeycomb Knit Shawl is one of my favorite knit shawls! In it, you’ll use peekaboo knit hexagons within a crescent shape shawl to create a stunning accessory. It’s obviously inspired by the hexagons in a bees’ honeycomb creation. However, it’s also inspired by the purposeful, yet the undulating, path that bees take when they travel from flower to flower.
Where To Purchase My Ad-Free Downloadable PDF’s:
The Modern Honeycomb Shawl comes in a crochet version, too
5 Reasons I Love This Honeycomb Knit Shawl
I really love this design because:
- I used really special yarn for this project. You’ll see it in the materials list below. You can also learn more about it by reading the full post about the crochet version of this shawl linked above.
- I had so much fun with my sister doing the photography shoot for this project at a succulent farm. The aforementioned crochet post also tells this whole story!
- It has such a unique combination of the motifs and a more organic colorful pattern, creating an eye-catching accessory.
- The crescent shape is such an under-appreciated, truly beautiful knit or crochet shawl shape. I love working with it. And wearing it!
- It’s inspired by bees! Read my bee inspiration story here.
Just take a look at how pretty this shawl is:
Modern Honeycomb Shawl Knit Supplies:
4.0 mm (US 6) Needles
• Yarn Needle
• Stitch marker if needed
• Casual Fashion Queen
80/20 Superwash Merino/Nylon
Color A: Still Life (approx. 395 yards)
Color B: Phillip (approx. 365 yards)
• Approx. 760 Yards (695 meters)
If gauge is met, other yarns of the same weight can be substituted:
The Plucky Knitter Bellow
Zen Garden Serenity 20
Madelinetosh Twist Light
cdd- center double decrease
kf&b- knit in front and back of stitch
k2tog- knit two stitches together
p2tog- purl two stitches together
sl st- Slip Stitch
yo- yarn over
Skill Level: Intermediate
Gauge in garter stitch:
19 knit sts and 34 rows = 4” (10 cm)
Measurements of Crescent Shape Shawl:
Depth: 21” (53 cm)
Width across top edge: 79” (201 cm)
Knit & TAG
I hope you have enjoyed making the Modern Honeycomb Shawl Knit Pattern!
If you have made this, please share it on social media. Above all I love to see the projects created with my patterns and also share your beautiful work.
Please use #brianakdesigns or @brianakdesigns
It is much appreciated and adored!
THIS IS A PDF FILE which requires Adobe to read this pattern and can be downloaded for free at www.adobe.com
Share Your Project & Share Pictures!
I really hope you enjoyed working on this project. The best way to make a designer smile is to share what you’ve made! When it comes to free or premium content, I really rely on you to help me keep designing and supporting my family. Here is how you can make my day:
- Share your yarn choice, in-progress, or finished projects on Instagram and use the hashtag #brianakdesigns
- Link and share your project on Ravelry. It really helps to have inspirational photos for others.
- Join the Briana K Designs Community Group on Facebook and share anything crafty.
Don’t Lose This Project! If you aren’t ready to start it save it on Pinterest by clicking any of the images above.
CHECK OUT HONEYCOMB STITCH
The honeycomb stitch is another way you might use nature’s inspiration in a design. Check out my knit, crochet, and Tunisian crochet honeycomb stitch earwamer patterns.