The Narwhal Crochet Poncho & Buddy Pattern is a beginner level crochet pattern. My son inspired this design from this question: Does the Narwhal have a horn or a tusk? I had no idea, so we had to google it, and it turns out it's a tusk. A Narwhal will use it to 'feel' or taste. Kids are so much fun because they challenge the world, and we learn a few things along the way too.
This cute child poncho is fun with the extra little buddy. The Narwhal poncho has buttons for easy removal and a tie to keep the hood in place. The poncho is great to bundle up a child in style for the fall and winter season.
Narwhal Crochet Poncho & Buddy Supplies:
- 6.00mm (J) Hook (click on the image below)
- 4.00 (G) Hook
- Yarn Needle
- 2 Black Safety Eyes (.35”, 9mm)
- For younger ages, safety eyes can pose a choking risk, and sewn-on eyes with black yarn is recommended.
- Stitch marker
- 1” Buttons 4 (5, 6, 6, 7) needed
• Approx. 275 (375, 505, 550, 610) yards for a poncho
• Approx 75 yards for ragdoll
Gauge is 12 sts x 7 rows
If the gauge is met, other yarns of the same weight can be substituted:
Herrschners Worsted 8
Loops & Threads Soft & Shiny
Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran
Red Heart Soft Baby Steps or Super Saver
Sprightly Yarns Acrylic Worsted
CROCHET & TAG
Did you enjoy making the Narwhal Crochet Poncho & buddy Pattern?
If you have made the narwhal, please share it on social media. Because I love seeing your crochet creations.
Please use #brianakdesigns or @brianakdesigns