Crochet Stitch Instruction
Start your project off right with the perfect begining.
Have you ever come across a crochet pattern where it starts with a Magic Ring or Magic Circle? And then you think, what’s this magic?
This crochet method of beginning your work in the round truly is magical in that it’s a fresh clean start that can be pulled tight to eliminate any holes. It’s especially perfect for crochet beanies and hats.
1. Start by creating a loop with your yarn. The tail of the working yarn will be over the working end.
2. Insert your hook into the loop from behind.
3. Yarn over and pull through the loop.
4. Ch 2.
5. Work all of your indicated double crochet stitches into the loop.
6. Once you have worked all of your double crochet stitches into the loop, pull the tail end of your yarn to close the loop. Pull firmly to fasten the loop closed, this end will be weaved in and fastened off.
7. Join to the top of your first stitch and continue with your next round.