The Hexagon Cover-Up Crochet Pattern is a lightweight, drapey cover that is beautiful to use over a bathing suit, or even as a tunic with a tank and leggings. You will find so many reasons to make this Cover a go-to piece in your summer wardrobe.
I adore the v-neck on this crochet cover-up and the cotton yarn makes it perfect for by the pool, chilling at the lakehouse, or at the beach.
Size US F (3.75 mm) Furls Crochet Hook
with minimum 16” cord
Removable stitch markers (2)
We Crochet Comfy Fingering
Shown in Flamingo colorway.
Fingering Weight Yarn
XS: 1,400 yards, 7 skeins
S/M: 1,800 yards, 9 skeins
L/XL: 2,300 yards, 11 skeins
2X: 2,700 yards, 13 skeins
3X/4X: 3,200 yards, 15 skeins
5X: 3,700 yards, 17 skeins
Bobble - see instructions in notes
dc- Double Crochet
RS- Right Side
Stacked Single Crochet
WS- Wrong Side
21 sts and 11 rows = 4x4” (10 cm)
in Double Crochet
Finished bust with 8-10 inch ease:
XS: 32-34” (83-86 cm)
S/M: 36-38” (91-96 cm)
L/XL: 40-46” (102-116 cm)
2X: 48-50“ (122-127 cm)
3X/4X: 52-56 (132-142 cm)
5X: 58-60” (147-152)
This garment has approx.
8-10” (20-25 cm) of ease.
- This pattern is worked as two-panel pieces, from bottom up, and in rows. If a longer length is desired add one more repeat on the body panel. There will be a total of two panels created, one for each front and back.
- A stacked single crochet is made at the beginning of each row instead of chaining. The stacked single crochet counts as a double crochet stitch. Replacing the beginning chain with this method creates cleaner lines along the garment. It is helpful to place a marker at the beginning of each row to mark the first stitch. See blog post for more info: https://brianakdesigns.com/stacked-single-crochet/
- Bobble Stitch: Yarn over, insert hook into stitch and pull up a loop. Yarn over, pull through two loops. Repeat from * to * in the same stitch/space until you have a total of 6 loops on your hook. Yarn over, pull through all 6 loops at once.
- Sizes are written as XSmall (Small/Medium, Large/XL, 2X, 3X/4X, 5X)
- A tutorial for an i-cord can be found here: https://brianakdesigns.com/how-to-crochet-an-i-cord/
CROCHET & TAG
I hope you have enjoyed making the Hexagon Cover-Up Crochet Pattern!
If you have made this, please share it on social media. Above all I love to see the projects created with my patterns and also share your beautiful work.
Please use #brianakdesigns or @brianakdesigns
It is much appreciated and adored!
THIS IS A PDF FILE which requires Adobe to read this pattern and can be downloaded for free at www.adobe.com